Hong Leong Bank Bhd shares rose 3 percent, more than any full-day gain since May 31 and more than quadruple Malaysia’s benchmark index.
* Shares advanced to RM20.80, higher than any close since the company’s October 1994 initial public offering, from RM20.20 in the previous session.
* Trading volume was more than 89 percent of the 20-day average.
* The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI Index – Kuala Lumpur Composite Index gained 0.6 percent, and the MSCI AC Asia Pacific Index rose 0.8 percent.
* In the past year, the stock had a similar or greater gain seven times at the close; it advanced in the next trading session once (4.9 percent) and declined six times (2.2 percent, on average).
* Shares are at a 5 percent premium to the analysts’ consensus target price. The stock traded at an average 1.1 percent premium over the past year.
* Stock advanced 27 percent in the past 52 weeks as the FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI Index – Kuala Lumpur Composite Index gained 0.5 percent.